Google Valens... per voi: Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, review + swatches and looks

Friday, 11 November 2016

Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, review + swatches and looks

Velvet Noir Major Volume mascara by Marc Jacobs almost says everything with its name...
What are you looking for from your mascara: volume and definition? Or length and lifted lashes?

Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, review + swatches

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume is a volumizing mascara with a geometrically solid and luxurious packaging: a black faceted tube with silver logo.
It was born by Marc Jacobs' very first childhood memory bound to make-up: his mother was used to scrape a black satin ribbon to create a budget-friendly "DIY volumizing lashes powder".

Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, review and neutral eye make-up look by Valentina Chirico

Velvet Noir Major Volume mascara has a special applicator: a fiber, hourglass-shaped wand with a rounded tip. This mascara’s packaging is technically shockproof.
The brush helps to spread the products homogenously and makes touch-ups easy by reaching the corners of the eyes and perfectly combing central eyelashes, from the base to the tips.

The mascara formula, made with waxes and gels, is creamy and doesn’t create lumps, while the black pigment concentration is extremely high.
It’s particularly light and I find it very gentle: it doesn’t contain parabens, sulfates or phthalates, it doesn’t irritate my eyes.

Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, packaging detailsMarc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, wand detail
Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, review and 80's green make-up look by Valentina Chirico

It promises to increase lashes volume by 300% with the first coat and by 1800% with three applications: is that possible? Big numbers, right?
From the first coat, it separates and defines my lashes and gives body to the thinner ones. It looks like it's able to "open up my eyes" and awaken tired or simply small eyes.I often wake up very early and haven’t enough time to create a full make-up look or use the eyelash curler... in these cases, Velvet Noir Major Volume mascara by Marc Jacobs saves any "natural" look in extremis.

A simple application is more than enough, but for an even more striking effect, a second coat creates a stunning red carpet look: it's like wearing false eyelashes without glue and without heaviness! I love how thick my eyelashes are and how full the base appears.The main feature of the Velvet Noir Major Volume mascara is the lightness, in fact, it doesn’t stick my lashes together, it’s extremely light while creating volume. My eyelashes touch and tickle my upper eyelid: this "false lashes effect” is very comfortable.

Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, swatches chart curated by Valentina Chirico

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume isn’t a waterproof mascara, although this it doesn’t crumble, nor melt with heat or sweat. I used it throughout the warmer season and has always satisfied me.
The only flaw, in my opinion? The second application must be made with firm hand, and while the first coat is still a bit wet, otherwise it’s difficult or impossible to add.



Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara gives me much more than it promises. I was expecting a simple volumizing mascara and I've found a multitasking and long-lasting product.

PROS:
gentle formula (no parabens, sulfates, and phthalates)
lightweight formula,
it volumizes and defines,
it lifts eyelashes
it’s strong and long-lasting


CON:
only available at Marc Jacobs site and Sephora


How much is Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara? It’s exclusively available at Marc Jacobs e-shop and Sephora.com at 26$.

Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, review and soft smokey eyes look by Valentina Chirico
Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, review and soft brown eye make-up look by Valentina Chirico
Marc Jacobs beauty, Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara, review and neutral eye make-up look by Valentina Chirico

All my mascaras can be placed in a price range equal to or slightly less than 10€; thus
Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara has a higher price than my usual purchases. However, it’s totally satisfying me and has piqued my curiosity about the other Marc Jacobs beauty mascaras.

Do I recommend it? Absolutely! Thanks to it, I just need a bit of concealer and lipstick for a fresh look early in the morning, and even after a few hours of sleep as my second-last picture shows.

Valentina Chirico aka Valens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good karma to you, dear blogging pals!
Your visit makes me happy, your comments double this happiness!
I read every comment and I enjoy sooo much reading from you.
Do you need more information about a product or would you like to express your opinion on what's going above? Yay, that's great and there's plenty of space for your words!
You can also contact me on Twitter @Valenspervoi or via mail at valenspervoi(at)hotmail.it

xoxo for you and sunbeams to your days


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Become a contributor and support sites like mine