Google Valens... per voi: Trends: White nails (yay or nay?)

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Trends: White nails (yay or nay?)

What's the latest trend about nails? To find the answer, just surf online and take a look at the celebrities who flaunt their "claws"… all painted in white!


The talented Lea Michele and the sexy bomb Kim Kardashian have tried it on short nails for a simple manicure and a result at the limit of the natural.

Lea Michele and Kim Kardashian showing their pretty white manicures

A white nail polish immediately stands out and doesn’t forgive even the smallest mistake, sometimes it’s too fluid and not opaque enough, it really requires a lot of patience.

White on medium lenght nails
source Pinterest

This time I’ve chosen to recycle: I’ve used the white nail polish from the Avon nail expert french manicure kit.
For an optimal coverage, to eliminate imperfections and to make my nails extra shiny I needed three coats of nail polish, two coats of Smudge fixer and some acetone (with a brush, of course).
I'm not really satisfied but I’m happy because I can make use of this "white as the snow" base for other creations..



White isn’t a colour and not everyone love it, is it worth it?
Do you approve this trend or do you hate it?



Valens




picture sources: 1,2

5 comments:

  1. Not really a fave one... reminds me of school and kids that painted their nails with ink eraser.
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha school time super cheap manicure!!! XD
      I appreciate your opinion, I know this is a strange trend.
      You don't know how many people has looked at my nails in a very weird way in these latest days!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. When I started to use nail polish regulary, I used only white polish on all my nail. I did this about for a couple of years. Therefore I don't dislike this manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? This sounds so cool!
      Feel free to show me your white manicure on my Fb page ;-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Not really a fave one... reminds me of school and kids that painted their nails with ink eraser.

    online

    ReplyDelete

Good karma to you, dear blogging pals!
Your visit makes me happy, your comments double this happiness!
I read every comment and I enjoy sooo much reading from you.
Do you need more information about a product or would you like to express your opinion on what's going above? Yay, that's great and there's plenty of space for your words!
You can also contact me on Twitter @Valenspervoi or via mail at valenspervoi(at)hotmail.it

xoxo for you and sunbeams to your days


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Become a contributor and support sites like mine